As Melbourne bunkers down for stage four restrictions, the Victorian Government released information on 4 August 2020 announcing that the Victorian construction sector (in metropolitan Melbourne) will move to operate under pilot light levels until Sunday the 13th of September.
The plumbing industry, which sits under the construction banner is advised to adhere to the new guidelines and above all else, consider the safety of workers.
The COVID Safe Plan Stage 4 restrictions advice states:
Open (for on-site work) – COVID Safe Plan
- Construction of critical and essential infrastructure and services to support these projects.
- Critical repairs to residential premises are allowed, where required for emergency or safety.
Restricted operations or industry specific obligations
Large scale construction
- Any building construction project of more than 3 storeys (excluding basement)
- Maximum of 25% of normal employees on site compared to normal operations
- Must have a High Risk COVID Safe Plan. Must demonstrate not blending shifts and workers can only work at one site during Stage 4.
Small scale construction
- Any building construction project of 3 storeys or less (excluding basement).
- Maximum of 5 workers (including supervisors)
- Universal COVID Safe Plan
- Must demonstrate not blending shifts and workers can only work at one site during Stage 4
- State and civil construction (including time critical new school builds) are exempt from reduction targets but will be required to implement a High Risk COVID Safe Plan.
For more information on what the Stage 4 restrictions mean for businesses CLICK HERE
The Victorian Government has requested that all businesses must complete their COVID safe plan by 11:59pm on 7 August. For information on completing Your COVID Safe Plan CLICK HERE
Allmach Pneumatic & Fluid Systems (Allmach) continue to operate from their Brisbane and Sydney warehouses and are committed to supporting our Victorian customer base through this difficult period. We encourage you to stay up to date on the rules and guidelines.
For further information on Stage 4 restrictions CLICK HERE
To read the premier’s statement on business restrictions, CLICK HERE